August 20, 2013

Cryptic Promise

Well I had two good weeks with family at the cottage, been back for two days and already the time off seems a distant memory. In my absence, quite a bit has transpired. I will be heading for the airport tomorrow to meet with one of our most senior engineers and learn more about some new technology I sampled last spring in Japan.

We have decided  to apply the system to snowmobiles and I have been asked to develop the information foundation for communications purposes. We don’t plan to have this in production for at least another year but in a real change from the norm, we will be testing it in the market this winter without the regular veils of secrecy that surround most prototype projects.

I have always wanted to  offer some new development information on Sled Talk before going mainstream within regular communications but have always been thwarted by official embargo dates and the evil eye of our internal protocols. This time, I believe I’ll have the opportunity to offer a ‘you heard it here first’ story, before seeing it on our web-sites or in the media…

So what is this new technology you wonder? Well it is interesting, controversial and somewhat hard to describe. That said, it definitely works according to my ‘bun-o-meter’. I intend to elaborate early in September, once I have the opportunity to really gain the understanding of how and why it functions as it does. So it’s off to the airport I go. Stay tuned!

Posted @ 10:56 am in Sled Development

13 Responses to “Cryptic Promise”

1. Mr. T says:

Sounds cool!

Hmmmm…. interesting… I’m going with engine technology…

3. Carl says:

I love this blog. New tech from Yamaha humm. I am going with suspension mod. No wait, engine tech, no no new absorbent and heated seat… a heck I don’t know.

4. DNR says:

Early warning displays: trail safety and system monitoring. 😉

Hey Doug, I know you are smiling… I’m the last guy to get excited about a computer telling me how to ride and trying to keep me safe! 🙂 cheers cr

5. Low Slung says:

Sounds like it has the promise to LEAN in the right direction.Will this new tech be on a 100% Yamaha sled or the new viper chassis?If its the first instead of the latter then you got me hooked.Until then its phazers on stun.

6. Bob says:

When you have nothing new or worthwhile, might as well try to sell VaporWare. Lol

7. Pa Sledhead says:

Great story, Sounds like some much needed “hydration ” is on the way! maybe by September we will know VP&DD (Viper production and delivery date) P.S. Glad you didn’t croke in the bike race….

PPS Thanks – ME TOO!!! cheers cr 😉

8. Dan Emard (Dano) says:

I’m willing to bet we have a new transmission coming out to replace CVT. 🙂

9. Mr. T says:

Dano,
    I think you are on to something there! How about this, a gas engine pushing an electric drive system!

10. scott says:

I like the direction the blog is heading!

My guess is it is a new rear suspension system. Maybe based on dirt bikes?? OR maybe the Snow Scoot is making a come back????

12. Larry D Lagergren says:

Hey CR…Congrads on the opportunity to have some input on the “new development information on Sled Talk” Pretty Sweet. “So what is this new technology you wonder?… Well it is interesting, controversial and somewhat hard to describe. That said, it definitely works according to my ‘bun-o-meter’”. Isn’t that what Yamaha Always Says….lol, I’m not even going to ponder a guess as there will be lots of that till we hear back from you. After ALL THE FUSS last year about this years New Viper….I’ll just wait to see what ya got…lol. On a Brighter Note… “This time, I believe I’ll have the opportunity to offer a ‘you heard it here first’ story, before seeing it on our web-sites or in the media”…At least we will HEAR IT HERE FIRST
    …….Cheers CR

Bountyhunter

13. sean says:

Early September is here……..