August 25, 2011

Who’s Left?

Okay, I know its been a coupla months since I blogged. I hit the sled switch back in June along with a couple of potholes and escaped on my bike. But there are only two races left on my weekly series calendar. It was almost dark last night at the finish line and fall is just around the corner.

I have noted quite a few topics to touch upon over the summer and I’m open to any ideas you may have.

Totallyamaha: we have lost a good friend recently with the passing of Mike Broda aka TURK on TY, he helped a lot of guys on-line, had many friends and will be missed.

Skidoo is up to their old tricks and has blatantly ripped another one with their latest ad campaign, or is imitation the finest form of flattery? more on that one later.

We have several new accessory products that are to be announced at Haydays one of which promises to solve one of snowmobiling’s biggest PITA’s but I may just spill the beans here in a weak moment.

There are a series of dealer meetings in Canada starting in mid-September that will get me out of the office for a few days.

Fall trade shows? yep, here we go.

Trivia? how about a Grizzly 660 with 57,000km on the odo and the motor hasn’t been touched.

Yamaha USA is getting back into SMB terrain and hill-climb racing? all very true, will look for some insights on the developments.

The Canadian government is ready to bankroll a half mil for the development of a stealth snowmobile to protect the Arctic. I’m speechless! but not for long.

Yellowknife has his first 2,000km of 2011 ready to post… well maybe not quite.

Hope you have had a great summer. Please stay tuned

cheers

cr

Tags: , , ,

Posted @ 3:24 pm in Industry News

8 Responses to “Who’s Left?”

1. DoktorC says:

Very sad news regarding Turk. He was a great guy and a big help to us DIY guys looking for some more out of our clutching.

Cancer Sucks!

On a positive note…the leaves are changing up here and the nights are cool…it’s coming.

Glad to have you back!! Think Snow!!! You really have me thinking about the PITA accessory

3. Larry D Lagergren says:

Nice to see you back on Chris

The World Lost a True Hero, as Turk always put others needs ahead of his own even when he was busy. Sledding was His True Passion and Loved To Share his knowledge with others at anytime. I’m Glad to have known him and call him my friend. He will be Missed By So Many.

Winter seems to be just around the corner and Winters Most Fun Sport is getting closer by the minute. Can’t wait to get out and enjoy it.

Cheers BH

Yea!!! Glad to see you back Chris. I know the historical articles take a lot of time and effort to create but they are my favorite posts. I’m thinking they should use your articles for some type of history of Yamaha sleds.

What’s the story behind the BRP quad and the sign?

5. DNR says:

Thanks for the post cr. I’m impressed with the 660 Grizzly kms. My yammy atv’s will out last my kids and their’s. The 1978 et 250 always the first one to start, still in the line up.
    Always heart felt to hear of anyone’s passing.
    Take care of your self on that 10 speed, you won’t heal all that fast anymore.

6. pat the rat says:

impressive #’s for the grizzly,they are great quads,i’m in atv mode right now getting ready for moose hunting,both my grizzlies are ready and so are the 5 others in our group,i would like to see something with more power in a v twin chassis from yamaha soon,i’m in line for one of those,cant wait to see the accesories your talkin about,sledding is always in the back of my mind,getting anxious for the upcoming season,the phazer should roll at 25000 km if all goes well,chow for now
    pat

RIP Turk. You’re missed.

The 2,000 km’s are on a quad (Kodiak) in Ontario over the past 2 weeks. I’m excited to hit the snow tho in Yellowknife by Nov 15th. That’s always the average.

Looking forward to the posts Chris – hopefully I can wrap up last years log of my own before the snow flies this year.

8. Sled Dog says:

Always a good read Chris keep up the good articles. I was cleaning my truck yesterday and I came across TURK’S business card that he left for me on his way passing by my place. Just seeing that card brought some old memeories to light and I had to smile remembering the man. He was an artist with clutching and loved to share his knowledge and help any way he could. Take care!